Nine Giant is not pulling the punches for the celebration of their second anniversary. Hot off the recent announcement of their new expansion (which you can read about here) they are tapping a line up of delicious beers that will have their regulars as well as new visitors salivating. As if that wasn’t enough – you might have seen that they’re also kicking out their first two bottled beers as well.
This is gonna be good! Let’s start with the bottles.
Bottling Their Barrel Aged Treats
It might be 95 degrees outside right now, but it’s not always going to be… and when the weather cools down there are few things that warm the soul back up quite like a big barrel aged beer. Nine Giant has two fantastic ones that you’ve probably tried on tap before that are the perfect duo to celebrate their first bottles with.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Heavy Metal Drummer
For their first anniversary the brewery tapped this beast with Rum and Rye barrel aged versions. The base beer is big, sticky and sweet. It’s a massive 12% Russian Imperial Stout that lends itself perfectly to a barrel aged beer. As with both bottles, this will be packaged in 750ml bottles and released on Saturday, June 23rd at 10am, and they’ll retail for $18 each with a limit of 2 per person.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Headmaster Ritual
Headmaster Ritual, much like Heavy Metal Drummer was released with Rye and Rum barrel versions on draft for Nine Giants first anniversary. The beer is a 10% Barleywine and boasts a big caramel sweetness. The beer will be bottled up in 750ml bottles and released alongside Heavy Metal Drummer on June 23rd at 10am for $18 a piece with a limit of 2 per person.
The Anniverary Tappings
If you get just as excited about one off variants as you do barrel aged beer in bottles, you’re going to like this too.They’ve got a pretty stellar tap list set to go on at their brewpub starting today to celebrate all week. Get ready… It’s a doozy:
- Make Me A Mixtape – Cherry Pineapple Orange Berliner Weisse
- A Ghost Is Born – Cookies and Cream Imperial Stout
- Codex – Cinnamon, Star Anise, Spiced Pear Saison
- Make Me A Mixtape – Salted Watermelon Orange Berliner Weisse
- Mistadobalina – Mango, Thai Basil, American Pale Ale
- A Ghost Is Born – Coffee and Vanilla Imperial Stout
- Magical Colors – Habanero Triple Dry Hopped IPA
- Make Me A Mixtape – Hawaiian Punch Orange Berliner Weisse
- A Ghost Is Born – Cherry Chocolate Chipotle Imperial Stout
- A Ghost Is Born – Burnt Caramel and Bacon Imperial Stout
- Fake Empire – Pomelo Pilsner
- S.R.V. – Rye Barrel Aged Hoppy Brown
Keep in mind with all this beer talk, I haven’t even touched on the food. You’ve come to expect great things out of the kitchen from Nine Giant, and I don’t anticpate that they’re letting up for this week. If you don’t follow them on social media already, this might be a great time to head over to all those places (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Friendster) to do just that and keep yourself updated on what’s going on!