Take a deep breath, Cincinnati… things are about to get crazy. When I saw the buildup for the Grand Opening of Braxton Brewery, I knew this was going to be big, but things are getting downright crazy. This is shaping up to be the most hyped, and biggest opening that Cincinnati has seen up until now, and it’s leaving a lot of people scratching their heads trying to figure out just how Braxton is going to handle the sea of thirsty people (over 1200 have RSVP’d on Facebook alone) that will be knocking at their door on March 27th.
Today on their blog, they have announced some more details that are letting us know that they are putting some major thought and planning into the event.
- The lot next door to the brewery (The MadLot event space) will be part of the event, full of music and food (all local, of course)
- Bands have been announced:
- Casey Campbell of Buffalo Wabs & The Price Hill Hustle will be putting on a one-man show. Known for combining American folk with contemporary flavor, we’re excited to hear the energy he brings to the stage.
- We’re excited to announce that Sarah & Jayson Benn of the Shivering Timberswill be performing. The band that was voted best Musician/Band in Akron Empire, and Second Best Local Band (to the Black Keys) in Akron Life Magazine combines Indie Rock energy, Blues Punk Passion, and Country/Gospel reflection.
- The Kentucky Struts out of Cold Spring will also be taking the stage. The band known for Americana Rock and being “unabashedly Kentuckian” will be sure to please the crowd.
- Food Trucks have been announced:
- We’re big fans of Cajun Creole around here. We can’t wait for you to taste the Cajun creations of New Orleans To Go.
- Okay, maybe we’re just fans of all food because we also love Mexican food. Texas Joe The Legal Mexican makes some of the best Mexican food around. His hot sauces will pair well with our cold beers!
- Marty’s Waffles will be serving unique, sensationally delicious Belgian sugar waffles with scrumptious toppings. We’ll pause and allow time for your mouth to water.
- Finally, something for all of those people who love sweets (are there people who don’t love sweets!?!). SugarSnap! will be offering up cupcakes featuring some of the same flavors found in our beers!
- There will be a photobooth set up from Winking Man Photography in the brewery with plenty of beer themed props. All pictures will be made available to you!
All this being said… it’s going to be crowded… so plan ahead. Braxton Brewing has created a map that will help you find the best place to park your car. Until the 27th! #LiftOneToLife