The Cincinnati Business Courier posted this already so while it might not be “breaking news” I thought it still bears passing on to you. A while back I wrote a post about why the streetcar is almost designed with our breweries in mind, if you missed it, you can still read it. It only makes sense when you look at the map and understand the route that our breweries would need a tie in with this one way or another and they’re going to create a series of beers to do just that.
While it isn’t actually called “The Streetcar Series” that’s what I’m going to call it because I like it. For all the breweries that sit on the route of the street car, as each new car arrives they will release a special beer to go along as a celebration of sorts. Also a note on the names of the cars: they are picking up with the names after the very last car was taken out of service back in the 50s, car 1174. I will also be updating this page as the beers are each announced in the coming months as we only know a couple right now… So for now, I present the Cincinnati Streetcar Series!
- Ryed The Rails – Taft’s Ale House – 10/30/15 (Car 1175) – This beer is being crafted to represent and focus on the German/US heritage by using both American El Dorado hops and German Hallerrau Blanc hops that will give the beer a tropical melon flavor.
- Desire – Moerlein Lager House – 11/23/15 (Car 1176) – ‘Desire’ is said to be a hoppy American Red Ale with a solid malt background.
- Traction – Rhinegeist – 12/11/15 (Car 1177) – This is Rhinegeist’s take on a cream ale it comes in at 5.2% ABV and 26 IBUs
- ??? – Moerlein Tap Room – 1/7/15 (Car 1178)
- ??? – Rock Bottom Brewery – 2/5/15 (Car 1179)