Brewery – Urban Artifact
Beer – Palmistry
Style – Fruited Double Berliner Pale
ABV – 8.5%
PH – 3.85
Reading the lines on your palm is an ancient method of looking into your future and determining your character. We see enduring love and great flavors ahead!
This beefed up version of a Berliner style Pale Ale gets a new twist with the addition of Pineapple, Guava and Kumquats (All fresh, real fruit too by the way). What you get from it is a fresh, tropical fruity dream of a beer that is as at home on the dinner table as it is next to a pool while you bake in the sunshine.
Urban Artifact released this first on draft in 2016, and then one-upped themselves by kicking out 12oz bottles during their second anniversary celebration in the spring of 2017, along with a wine barrel aged variant, and then four more variant bottles a few weeks afterwards.
- Red Wine Barrel Aged Palmistry – Palmistry was aged in red wine barrels and then hit with even more fresh fruit. – First Released – 4/22/17
- Tropical Margarita Palmistry – Palmistry with fresh lime & sea salt added – First Released 5/9/17
- Pina Colada Palmistry – Palmistry with fresh toasted coconut added. – First Released 5/9/17
- Pineapple Salsa Palmistry – Palmistry with peppercorn, cilantro and habanero peppers. – First Released 5/9/17
- Spicy Palms – Palmistry with unseeded Jalapeño peppers. – First Released 5/9/17
My Thoughts on Urban Artifact Palmistry
This is easily mistaken for juice in your glass. It’s a bright yellow color with a white head that sits on top.
Hell… even when you get your nose over top of the glass, you might still think that it’s a glass of juice that you’re staring down into, with it’s big, bright pineapple aroma leaping forth front and center.
The beer tastes like a fresh bowl of fruit, with notes of pineapple, orange and some lemon jumping forth for me. The tart sour taste does more to make the fruit pop forth, leaving this with a fresh brightness that screams summertime. Not only did a pint go down incredibly fast, each six pack that I’ve tried to stock in the fridge has gone just as quickly.