I don’t go to every beer festival that is held in Cincinnati. Time is a precious commodity and it seems like not all of them are worth me setting aside a whole evening to attend, by a far margin. However, there are a few that I try as hard as I can to never miss and all of the festivals at Jungle Jim’s are at the very top of that list.
The Jungle has been hosting beer festivals since well before they were a ‘thing’ here in town – their amazing International Beer Festival celebrated its 12th year running, and expanded things to include their Fall Smash (all fall beer and cider) and the Buckeye Beer Bash (all Ohio beer). Before those two additional festivals were added on, though, they started a tradition that has grown into something really fun – The Barrel Aged Beer Bash.
About The Festival
The Jungle Jim’s Barrel Aged Beer Bash is in it’s 5th year now. Oh, how things have changed in that time. That first festival boasted around 30 different barrel aged beers, while this years festival is showcasing more than 100 of them. What was once a festival featuring the finest Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts now features Sours, Stouts, Saisons, and more. It’s like night and day.
The festival takes place at the Fairfield Jungle Jim’s store on Saturday, January 13th from 7-9:30 and you can hit up their website for tickets. With each ticket you’ll get:
- Beer Samples of more than 100 barrel aged beers
- Light Snacks/Pretzels
- Free Barrel Aged Beer Fest Glass
If that’s not enough to convince you, I’ll also be at the event hosting a live episode of Cincy Brewcast.
I know you… you’re here for one thing, beer. I keep mentioning how great the lineup for this festival is, so what kind of blogger would I be if I didn’t let you know some of the stuff that you’re going to find? Keep in mind, this isn’t the final list, and I’m not even touching on the stuff that isn’t local. There’s some really amazing stuff that you’ll find that I’m not putting on here!
- Braxton – 2017 Dark Charge
- Fifty West – BA 10&2 Barleywine
- Fifty West – Ghost Of Imogene
- Figleaf – Barrel Aged Black Solstice
- Listermann – 2014 Cincinnatus
- Listermann – Freedom Toast
- Listermann – Life
- Listermann – Lavish Life
- MadTree – 2015 Bourbon Barrel Aged Axis Mundi
- MadTree – Joon
- MadTree – Levanto Obscuro
- Rhinegeist – Barrel Aged Druncle
- Rhinegeist – Barrel Aged Gramps
- Rhinegeist – Barrel Aged BogBeast
- Rivertown – Ville De Rivere Geuze
- Taft’s – Buffalo Trace Imperial Stout
- Urban Artifact – Cherry Pie
- Urban Artifact – Ornament
- Urban Artifact – Semifeddo
I think that the moral of the story here is that if you often frequent the beer festivals at Jungle Jim’s, you already know that you need to be at this one. If you don’t… you need to get on board this train.