You know them. You might secretly (or not so secretly) love them even as they get stuck on repeat in your head. They’re songs that explode onto the scene only to fade off into the sunset just as quickly. They immediately bring forth memories of where you were in your life when they were released. One hit wonders. Streetside is using these as an inspiration for their latest series, of draft only… or crowler only releases. It’s a neat concept that we need to explore a little bit.
About The Series
If you didn’t gather it by now, Streetside Brewing Company installed their new crowler system recently, which means they have the opportunity to do things in some fun ways now. While they’re using their crowlers as a way to package 32oz cans of beer to go for consumers, they’re also using the packaging to kick off a series of releases that are extremely small batch, and limited. The focus of these releases is crowler fills. While they’re sometimes available on draft, they are designed to be taken with you in a crowler to go.
The series leans very heavily towards heavily fruited Berliner Weisse and Goses, an area of brewing that seems to definitely be right in the wheelhouse of Streetside. They know what they’re doing here, folks.
To make the entire series even more crazy and fun, and to play up on the one hit wonder idea a little bit heavier – you may not ever know when these guys are going to pop up. You might get a social media announcement, you might not. Sometimes they just spring up out of nowhere to be enjoyed for the brief minute that they’re around.
The One Hit Wonders
- Yellow Polka Dot Bikini – Lychee Lemonade Berliner – Released 1/1/18
- Afternoon Delight – Passion Colada Berliner – Released 1/1/18
- Don’t Worry Be Happy – Kiwi Berliner – Released 1/1/18
- Steal My Sunshine – Mango, Pineapple and Passionfruit Berliner Weisse – Released 1/17/18
- Barbie Girl – Strawberry, Raspberry and Mango Gose – Released 2/28/18
- It Takes Two – Peach and Passionfruit Gose – Released 2/28/18
- Steal My Sunshine – Mango, Pineapple and Passionfruit Gose – Released 2/28/18
- In The Summertime – Raspberry, Strawberry Lemonade Goes with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt – Released 3/31/18
- Macarena – Mango Margarita Goes with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt – Released 3/31/18
- Hooked On A Feeling – Passion Fruit, Mango, Pineapple, and Coconut Berliner Weisse – Released 3/31/18
- You Wanna Be Happy – Double Raspberry Berliner Weisse – Released 4/14/18 and 5/5/18
- Beds Are Burning – Pink Guava, Passion Fruit, Banana Berliner Weisse – Released 5/26/28, 6/9/18
- Stay With Me – Double Blueberry Lemonade – Released 6/9/18
- A Bay Bay – Blueberry, Raspberry Lemonade – Released 7/14/18
- Chain Hang Low – Pineapple, Passionfruit, Coconut – Released 7/14/18
- Teach Me How To Dougie – Raspberry and Passionfruit – Released 7/14/18
- Walk It Out – Pineapple, Coconut and Banana Slushy – Released 7/14/18
- Mambo #5 – Peach, Mango, Passionfruit and Pineapple Gose – Released 8/4/18
- Hooked On A Feeling – Pineapple, Mango, Coconut Gose – Released 9/8/18
- I’ve Got The Music In Me – Blueberry, Blackberry, and Strawberry Berliner Weisse – Released 9/29/18
- Achy Breaky Heart – Double Pink Guava and Prickly Pear Lassi Gose – Released 11/17/18
If all this limited release, super fruity, super rare, beer goodness sounds like fun to you, you’re going to have to really keep your ear to the social media ground. Often times, one sixtel is all that is going to get released of these beers, so just a few crowlers out the door and it’s gone!