It’s getting close to time for you to help MadTree celebrate their ‘Funk Day’ again for 2018, and they’ve got a few really good reasons announced already (with more to possibly come too!). MadTree uses their celebration every year to break out some of their wildest and most interesting beers for fans of the funk to savor with their friends, and I think you’re going to like what they’ve come up with for this year!
Go ahead and mark your calendar for May 27th, and make sure your friends know you (and they) are going to be busy from 10am until 1am with this… it’s going to be a hell of a day!
This is the third year for the event, and the first two years have turned out not just some really delicous stuff, but some rare releases that still get beer geeks around town sweating a little bit when they hear about somebody cracking a bottle at a share. Do yourself a favor while you’re getting excited and go read through the previous years’ releases – it’ll get your mouth salivating for sure! When you’re done with that take a look next at what we know is going to drop this year, as well as who’s goign to be playing the tunes to keep the night rolling!
This Years Bottles
- Boysen The Wood – Belgian Ale with Boysenberries and Lime Juice added. The beer was then aged in oak barrels with Brettanomyces and L. brevis.
- Levanto Ligero – Belgian Ale with Cherries and Orange Peel added. The beer was then aged in oak barrels with Brettanomyces and L. brevis.
- Limb From Limb – Farmhouse Ale with Blackberries added. The beer was then aged in Sherry butts with Brettanomyces, L. brevis, and Pediococcus.
- Rhone – Wheat ale brewed with white grape must and black currants added, aged in Bordeaux Cabernet barrels with Brettanomyces and L. brevis.
If you aren’t satisfied with showing up to Funk Day for the beer alone – get the hell outta here. (I’m kidding) Don’t worry if this fits to you – MadTree has lined up a really great music lineup to entertain you throughout the funky day. You’ll be blessed with performances by:
- The Medicine Men Band – 10-noon
- The Colour Of Rhythm – noon-2pm
- Balderdash – 2-4pm
- The Generics – 4-6pm
- Elton Clifton Band – 6-8pm
- Just Strange Brothers – 8-10pm