There’s one thing that you need to understand about Braxton Brewing company to understand why this partnership is so great for Braxton. While we may (rightfully so) claim them as one of our own breweries here in Cincinnati, and while they are certainly dedicated to the Queen City. Braxton is a Kentucky Brewery. Braxton loves all things KY. From Bourbon (you’ve seen not just what they can do with some barrels, but have you seen the booze selection over at Braxton Labs?) to Kentucky basketball, to the holiest of holy… Horse Racing. I’ve written before about their big event for the Derby (and the beer, which you can read about here), but this is a new one… a different type of beer, and a different type of event.
About The Breeder’s Cup
The Breeder’s Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end championships. They also administer the qualifying series which provides automatic starting positions into the championships races.
All said and done, there are 14 different races with purses and awards totaling more than $30 million dollars. The races are held at Churchill Downs from November 2-3.
About The Beer
Breeder’s Cup is a Golden Ale, designed to be crisp, clean and refreshing. The beer is meant to be an easy drinker and one that you’ll want to drink a few of. It’s not a coincidence that the brewery canned this one in 16oz four packs. It’s meant to be enjoyed. Enjoyed heartily in large quantities.
Where To Get It
Here’s where this beer takes a turn that I’m not in love with. Because of the nature of this collaboration, the beer is primarily available only in Louisville, Kentucky (The Home Of The Breeder’s Cup). So… unless you luck out and snag a little bit of the limited amount that might be available in the taproom, you’re going to have to make a road trip to give this one a try.
Luckily – there are a few ways for you to snag it while you’re down there, though!
- 10/29 – The Post Position Draw
- 11/1 – The Breeder’s Cup Welcome Party at Tavern on Fourth
- All weekend long the beer will also be served at the Trophy Lounge, as well as the Omni and Aloft hotel lounges.
- We couldn’t go without mentioning that you’ll be able to snag the beer at the race itself too, of course. There is actually a special pop up beer garden located within Churchill Downs that will be serving it up all weekend.
- If that’s not easy enough – you’ll also find the four packs on sale at select Kroger stores in the area for $9.99