Are you already sick of the fall, and ready to kick the winter beer season off with a festival? This weekend Moerlein is going to host their 7th annual Holiday Beer Extravaganza starting at noon to help you do just that.
The event is open to the public and will include a ton of local, regional, and even international examples of what ‘winter beer’ means to their respective breweries. The event will also include food and beer pairings that will showcase some of the versatility that these styles bring to the table.
Let’s dig into some specifics, shall we?
3 Course Chef Tasting Menu
For $32 dollars a person, you can get a 3 course meal that is paired up with some of the Moerlein beers that were crafted for the event. (If you don’t want the beer you can get just the food for $25 a person). This is where things get really fun!
First Pairing – by Chef Miguel
- Beer – Cashew Toffee Porter
- Dish – Cahill Irish cheddar with porter, spiced candied cashews, dried apricot, fig jam, house mustard, and water biscuits.
Second Pairing – by Chef Jon
- Beer – Maple Infused Porter
- Dish – Seared pork belly with a warm potato salad and bacon vinaigrette.
Third Pairing by Chef Katie
- Beer – Orange and Ginger Porter
- Dish – Ooey-gooey brownie with an orange marmalade vanilla ice cream and a crispy ginger cookie.
Don’t think that this festival is all about food, though. There is a TON of great beer that will be on tap, not just from Moerlein but in typical Lager House fashion – from breweries from all over. With the beer, you’ve got the option, of course, to just snag a pint or two if something strikes your fancy. You can also get a flight of four for $7 if you want to experiment around.
Moerlein has built a couple sample flights if you can’t make up your mind of their chef and brewer beers… but if you want my advice – try a few things and play around!
Here’s the list:
Christian Moerlein Taps
- Moerlein – Christkindl
- Moerlein – Lager House Baltic Porter
- Moerlein – Chef Jon’s Maple Infused Porter
- Moerlein – Chef Miguel’s Cashew Toffee Porter
- Moerlein – Chef Kate’s Orange and Ginger Porter
- Moerlein – Kristie’s Cranberry Spiced Cider
- Moerlein – Colin’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Porter
- Moerlein – JD’s Cinnamon & Nutmeg Altbier
- Moerlein – JD’s Black Licorice Porter
- Moerlein – Cherry Cordial Barbarossa
- Taft’s Ale House – Santa’s Bribe
- Streetside – Robe
- Great Lakes – Oatmeal Stout
- Stone – Xocoveza
- Deschutes – The Dissendent
- Delerium – Noel
- Platform – Holiday Doughnut Cookie Ale
- Millersberg – Nut House Peanut Butter Porter
- Thirsty Dog – 12 Dogs of Christmas
- Heavy Seas – Winter Storm
- Corsendonk – Christmas
- St. Feuillien – Cuvée de Noel
- A’chouffe – N’ice Chouffe
- Saucy Brew Works – Three Ho’s
- Hoppin Frog – Frosted Frog
- Crafted – The Upside Cake
- Millersberg – Edgy Elf
- Zaftig – I Believe In Santa
- Troeg’s – The Mad Elf
- Anchor – Christmas Ale
- De La Senne – Winter Mess
- Mikkeller – Red and White
- To Ol – Santastique
- Weinheinstephaner – Korbianin
- Spencer Trappist – Holiday Ale
- Sam Smith – Winter Welcome
- Brooklyn – Chocolate Stout
- Ridgeway – Santa’s Butt
While I might not by anywhere close to ready for winter to set in, I will say that when you couple up some really great winter warmers with the food at the lager house… I just might make an exception for this weekend – this looks pretty killer!